Institutional code of conduct for students
The following points are outlined in the Prospectus of the Institution regarding the
institutional code of conduct for the students:
- Use of drugs, chewing betel nut and tobacco is strictly prohibited within the college premises.
- Use of Cell Phones in the campus is barred by law and any violation of this would lead to penal action.
- Sobriety and modesty in matters of dress and general behavior must be maintained. Use of odd hair
colours is not permitted in the college campus.
- Conduct must foster and preserve communal harmony in letter and spirit.
- Littering, damaging and / or defacing college property is a punishable offence and monetary
compensation shall be charged if found indulging in such act.
- While in campus, students must wear their duly signed their College Identity Card without fail.
- All scheduled lectures are compulsory. Students, whose attendances fall below 75% of the total
lectures, would be debarred from appearing in the University examinations.
- Students are required to submit their Migration Certificates within fifteen (15) days counted from the
date of admission.
- Students would have to produce a No Outstanding Certificate from the college library before being
allowed to fill in the end semester examination forms.
- Students are required to make formal request for the issuance of Transfer Certificate (if required).
Issuance of TC would be subject to clearing of all college dues by the applicant.
- The college authority shall not be responsible for any misconduct/ misbehaviour outside the college
premises. The institute expects its students to remember that non-compliance to the rules and regulations,
violation of any of the conduct norms and any act of indiscipline is liable to attract penal action in
terms of fine and /or even expulsion from the college if the Discipline Committee of the college so
- Besides, there is a Discipline Committee which is responsible for monitoring the code of conduct of both
the students and the faculty. The committee looks into all matters related to the maintenance of
discipline in the institution. Besides this there is a complaint box as well as a Suggestion Box meant for
the students to provide their valuable suggestions. It used by them to express their views and opinions
regarding any matter related to teaching and in general, the functioning of the college.
Institutional code of conduct for teachers
- The institution has outlined the essentials related to the code of conduct for the teachers. The following points are highlighted which are to be followed by each teacher of the institution including the Principal of the institution.
- All teachers are to report on time for duty.
- Teachers are to go for classes strictly following the timetable of the institution.
- Teachers have to maintain a decent dress code.
- Teachers have to be polite in their language and dealings not only with students but also with their colleagues and other members of the institution.
- A teacher is always to set an example to the students as a teacher is always observed by students.
- Teachers should do their duty honestly and diligently by involving themselves in regular academic activities.
- A teacher should keep in mind that a student needs to be guided in matters related to education including co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- A teacher should encourage students to pursue their goals and dreams and treat all students equally.
- Keeping in mind the professional ethics of the institution the college has a code of ethics associated with plagiarism.
- Erring students are there in every institution. A teacher should keep in mind the dignity and self-respect of such students while dealing with them.
- Each student has his/her potential. It is the duty of the teacher to identify them and encourage the student in their respective capabilities.
- A teacher ought to keep in mind that every student is different in receiving the knowledge imparted. A teacher has to be patient and kind while dealing with slow learners.
- A teacher ought to remember that he/she is a nation builder. The colossal responsibility of guiding the youth to evolve as responsible and productive citizens of the country lay with them.
Handbooks, manuals and brochures on human values and professional ethics
Keeping in mind the importance of human values and professional ethics in an educational institute, the institution besides organizing programmes based on human values and professional ethics has sketched out a number of points which are highlighted in the Teachers’ Code of Conduct and also guidelines for both students and teachers in the Vision and Mission of the institute. Both of them are incorporated in the Prospectus of the college and the college journal “Aureole”. Thus both the Prospectus and the college journal are used for promoting human values and professional ethics.
Code of ethics to check malpractices and plagiarism in Research
Plagiarism in research involves verbatim use of another author’s language, idea or
thought and representing them as one’s own original work. In academia it is
considered to be a serious ethical offence and may also lead to copyright
infringement. Though plagiarism is not a punishable offence, it definitely brings
disrepute to the author and his/ her affiliating institute. Hence, the institution
deplores the violation of the code of ethics and forbids dishonesty in academic
activity. The institution strives to maintain high standard of integrity and originality
in the pursuance of academic research.
In case the researcher uses another author’s work then it should be acknowledged by
citing, paraphrasing, quoting or referencing the original work. Plagiarism of
information can be avoided in academic writing by:
Enclosing the portion of the original work copied within quotes and citing the
- Citing the source of the information.
- Citing the source if the idea or thought is that of someone else.
- Avoiding paraphrasing as much as possible.
- Acknowledging the original writer through referencing.
The institution endeavours to build an ecosystem that encourages research and
academic writings of high quality that will augment knowledge and be beneficial not
only for future research, but also for the society at large. In this regard the institution
has constituted a Research Cell that gives the necessary guidance and support to
faculty members undertaking research activity.